Special Education Needs Co-ordinator / Class Teacher
Teachers Pay Scale plus TLR 2a
For 1 September 2019
Closing date for applications: 9 am on Monday 29 April 2019
Shortlisting: Monday 29 April 2019
Interview Date: Friday 3 May 2019
East Crompton Saint George’s has one of the highest number of students with SEND in the area. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated SENDCO to lead and manage the school’s SEND provision. The role will suit candidates who have attained the National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or those who are willing to complete this within three years of appointment.
The successful SENDCO will:
- Determine the strategic development of SEND policy and provision,
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SEND policy and the co-ordination of specific provision to support individual students with SEND,
- Provide leadership to colleagues and work collaboratively with parents / carers and agencies,
- Be a member of the school’s SLT. The role will be a full time permanent position split between class teaching and SENDCo duties.
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to supporting students with SEND, ensuring inclusion and the best possible outcomes,
- has a proven ability in generating high levels of achievement/progress for students with SEND
- has an awareness of SEND funding and delivery,
- is knowledgeable and experienced in differentiation strategies across a range of curriculum areas to meet the needs of all students,
- is an inspirational teacher with high expectations of learning and behaviour,
- has excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills,
- is an effective team member with a positive attitude,
- has a genuine passion for and belief in the potential of every child,
- is committed to supporting the Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer:
- Salary commensurate to career stage
- An exciting post in a leading and growing organisation.
- School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions.
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to work for a values-based employer
- An enthusiastic, hardworking and supportive team of staff and governors,
- a school committed to ‘success for all’,
- exciting opportunities to develop professionally within the Multi Academy Trust,
This is an exciting time for our school and for our staff: Working as a member of a multi-academy trust means that schools, and colleagues within them, can achieve more than they could individually. We work collaboratively, share good practice and have a Trust-wide approach to development. All schools are partners in Manchester Nexus, our SCITT. All schools bring their expertise to share. We need to make sure we have the right people in the right place doing the job that is needed to build excellent provision for our children and young people. Staff are supported and developed professionally to make sure they can do that and are valued and recognised for their work.
East Crompton St. George’s is situated in a semi-rural position close to the small town of Shaw. There are good transport links through to Manchester and Oldham and the school is close to the M62 motorway. The school has 230 children from 4 to 11 years of age.
Applicants are warmly invited to visit the school the week commencing 23 April 2019. To arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Denise Fox on 01706 847 502 or via email on DFox@ecstg.cranmeredt.org
Applications should be completed electronically and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
East Crompton St George’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.