Our topic next term (Autumn 2) is 'People who help us'.
Welcome to Reception!
Our topic this term is 'Autumn'. We have been very busy outdoors, hunting for different coloured leaves, conkers, acorns and beech nuts.
We have also been very busy in the classroom, listening to stories about Autumn and carrying out lots of exciting activities!
After reading the story about 'The Little Red Hen', we made some bread.
We have also been thinking about animals that are nocturnal and that hibernate in the Autumn and Winter months. We learnt lots of interesting facts about hedgehogs and then came up with some fantastic 'hedgehog' vocabulary!
- PE is on a Thursday - please ensure your child has a named PE kit in school
- Your child should have a water bottle at school - these are sent home on a Friday to be washed
- Please return your child's reading book on their reading day so we can hear them read and change their book
- Please ensure all items of uniform are named
- During the colder weather, please send your child to school with a hat and gloves as well as a warm coat
The children are really enjoying our Read Write Inc Phonics sessions. Below are the letters sounds that are being taught and the order they come in. There will be a phonics evening held in November to explain how the phonics scheme works.
The Reception children walked to Shaw Library and enjoyed looking at the books and listening to some stories. They also found out how to use the special machine to borrow books and they brought 6 books back for Mrs Bailey to read to the class!
On 'Children in Need' day, the Reception children came to school wearing pudsey ears, ties, onesies and t-shirts. They also decorated biscuits with lots of spots!
One of the Reception children's mums is a nurse and she came into class to talk to us about her job. The children got to use a stethoscope, thermometer and an oxygen mask. Some children even had a bandage fitted on their arm!