Love of Learning. Independence. God in our hearts. High achieving. Together as one family.
Welcome to Reception!
Teacher - Mrs R Bailey
Teaching Assistants - Miss L Burgoyne and Miss J Smith
Welcome to our Reception class page which you will hopefully find useful over the coming year. On this page you will find weekly home learning should your child have to isolate. You will also find other relevant information, that can be referred to throughout the year.
Home Learning 2020 - 2021
If your child has to isolate, please see the below table for the latest weekly home learning projects.
|Week commencing 28th September 2020||English||Maths|
|Monday||Listen to a story||Recognise and describe colour and pattern|
|Tuesday||Draw a story||Copy and extend colour patterns|
|Wednesday||Use actions to tell a story||Create and describe colour and shape patterns|
|Thursday||Use actions to mime a story||Count one and two objects reliably|
|Friday||To tell a story||Count one, two and three objects reliably|
|Week commencing 5th October 2020||English||Maths|
|Monday||Recycle a nursery rhyme||Count one, two and three objects reliably|
|Tuesday||Recycle a story||Estimate a number of objects by counting|
|Wednesday||Join in telling a recycled story||Pattern and early number|
|Thursday||To step a recycled story||Count four objects reliably|
|Friday||To independently tell a story||Develop an understanding about the number four|
|Week commencing 12th October 2020||English||Maths|
|Monday||Join in with a story||Count 5 objects reliably|
|Tuesday||Sing and map a story||Count 6 objects reliably|
|Wednesday||Step a recycled story||Explore the number 6|
|Thursday||Mime a story||Explore one more within 6|
|Friday||Tell a story independently||Explore one less within 6|
|Week commencing 19th October 2020||English||Maths|
- Please ensure all items of uniform are named
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle with them in school every day. Please note, this should contain water only
- Reception children have access to free daily fruit and milk
- Your child is welcome to bring a snack into school for break time, however this should be a healthy snack such as fruit
- During colder weather, your child should have a warm, waterproof coat, hat and gloves. These should also be named
- Your child should only bring their reading bag into school with them on a Monday and a Thursday. Reading books will be changed on a Monday and newsletters handed out on a Thursday
- Earrings and other jewellery should not be worn in school
- Currently, the children are unable to bring items from home into school, e.g. show and tell items
- Homework is handed out half termly, in the style of a take away menu, that lists things you can do to support your child at home
Communication between home and school is vital and very important in ensuring your child has a successful experience at school. During these difficult times we are having to be creative about ways of ensuring these links remain. Here are a few of the things we currently have in place...
- Weekly Reception newsletter, with comments box for you to use to share information
- Your child's class page on dojo
- Parent consultation meetings, currently by telephone
- Learning Journey - 'Learning Book' (More about this after Autumn 1 half term)
These are the Read Write Inc. Set 1 sounds.
St George's use the cursive style of letter formation, as displayed below.