Welcome to Reception!
Teacher: Mrs Bailey Teaching assistant: Miss Schwarz
The Reception children have all settled very well into their new class and are really enjoying exploring their environment. They are very lucky to be the first cohort of children to access our fantastic, new Early Years classroom!
Please check the class pages regularly for photo's and information, that you will hopefully find useful throughout your child's first year at St George's.
Our topic this term is...Winter and the Polar Regions!
We have been looking at the changes from Autumn to Winter. We love going out to play when it is really cold, because we can wrap up warm and then come inside to enjoy hot chocolate and marshmallows! We even used our marshmallows to work out some maths questions such as...'Add one more, how many now?'.
In Reception and Key Stage 1, we follow the RWI phonics scheme. Below are the set 1 sounds and a list of some of the green words we practice daily in our sessions. Please support your child by practcing sounding out and reading the words at home.
- PE is on a Thursday - please ensure your child has a named PE kit in school
- Your child should have a water bottle at school - these are sent home on a Friday to be washed
- Please ensure all items of uniform are named
- During the colder weather, please send your child to school with a hat and gloves as well as a warm coat
- Your child should have a book bag or other small bag with them daily, so letters can be sent home safely